Reporting into the Site Manager, the Bakery Manager will be working for one of the leading producers of Baked Products in the UK, supplying into both the retail and food service channels, producing branded and own label goods. Since the company’s incorporation in the early 80’s, the business has now grown, turning over in excess of £100million within the UK. Due to continued growth and a recent site expansion, there is now a requirement for a Bakery Manager to join their team in the North West.
The main responsibilities shall include;
- Being responsible for the management of all production personnel ensuring positive employee relations and building strong employee engagement, driving a culture that will motivates all employees.
- Leading the site in achieving excellence in production, taking responsibility for achieving, monitoring and reporting on performance.
- Identifying and reducing operational waste.
- Working with the Technical Manager to ensure the quality standards of the product.
- Adhering to safe working practices and comply with environmental and hygiene requirements, liaising with appropriate managers where necessary.
- Working closely with Engineering, Dispatch and Technical Services to minimise any disruption to production or dispatch.
- Improving departmental effectiveness by identifying personal training and training of other personnel where appropriate, delivering the necessary training and coaching to others.
You will be a dynamic individual with proven experience of leading and developing a production team within a large scale, high speed and automated manufacturing environment. You will have experience of lean manufacturing techniques, with demonstrable experience of delivering improvement projects and cost saving initiatives. Ideally you will have experience of the plant bread industry and have knowledge of improvement programmes such as Kaizen, Six Sigma, Lean or WCM.
This is an exceptional opportunity for the motivated and experienced Bakery Manager, who is prepared to work hard within a fast paced FMCG environment.
Please do not hesitate to apply if you feel you have the experience and background described.