Head of Legal Compliance
Head of Legal Compliance
100k – 140k Euros
A fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing start up within the iGaming industry, this role would suit someone who is forward thinking and who is able to come into the company to build and grow the Legal team.
You will be responsible for:
- Preparation of compliance documentation with relevant constitutive documents for statutory, legal, regulatory purposes.
- Liaison with all the subsidiaries within the Company’s Group, service providers, external legal advisers, and government agencies.
- Maintenance and review of Legal Agreements
- Developing and overseeing that the company meets its compliance obligations under relevant laws and the requirements of regulatory authorities
- Negotiation, drafting and implementation of the terms of agreements in all business contracts and agreements.
- Review of all relevant laws and regulations applicable to the Company and ensure compliance with these
- Ensure that business activities are conducted in conformity with all applicable laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all regulatory permissions remain current and appropriate for business needs.
- Continual compliance risk assessment of company practices together with the development of internal policies and procedures, compliance training and protocols.
- Serve as liaison for all regulatory bodies as well as maintaining relationships with relevant legal bodies and trade associations.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments and industry initiatives and advise management accordingly.
- Liaise with third parties, together with the company’s management, that wish to understand the company’s control environment, compliance policies and procedures.
- Provide reporting with respect to regulatory requirements and developments Develop compliance checklists and prepare compliance reports, as and when due Inform of any findings as regards non-compliance that may require investigation Ensuring compliance with best practices
- Responsible for providing legal support in controlling customer complaints to mitigate the risk of litigation
- Review all documentation that has legal implications for the company prior to signing and implementing.
- In the short term – establish relevant and necessary internal and external processes as needed. Inform and communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- In the midterm – recruit talent to the team. E.g. Compliance Officers and Legal Counsels. Then of course also lead and motivate the team
The ideal candidate will:
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience of working within the iGaming industry.
- Brilliant written and oral communication skills.
- Self-Motivated and a solution seeker with an optimistic approach to their work.
- Group private healthcare insurance
- Discretionary company annual performance bonus
- Competitive salary
If the above sounds of interest to you and you have the skills and experience to match then do not hesitate and apply today or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Role: Head of Legal Compliance
- Sector: iGaming
- Salary: 100k – 140k Euros
- Job Reference: HD0005CE
- Location: Malta