Head of Sportsbook Operations
Head of Sportsbook Operations
Malta or London
Our client is a well-known and multi award winning online sports betting company. They have a firmly established B2C brand, but also license out their B2B sportsbook offering to other operators globally as well. Currently they operate in a range of regulated and unregulated markets across LATAM, Europe and Asia.
As part of their growth strategy, they are now looking to recruit a ‘Head of Sportsbook Operations & Analytics’ who will focus on building and re-shaping their sportsbook operations and analytics department. Ultimately, this person will create and implement new processes to drive an improvement in the quality and commercial performance of their sportsbook offering.
Essential Job Functions / Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build and re-shape the sportsbook operational strategy whilst implementing new processes and procedures for the operations & analytics department to drive improvements in efficiency, quality and commercial performance of the sportsbook offering
- Provide direction and leadership to 3 divisions within the operations team (Sportsbook Operations, Esports Operations and Business intelligence)
- Drive efficiency in the department through introducing new automation tools and reducing grading issues by monitoring and creating grading reports. This includes working closely with cross functional development teams as the key stakeholder for all operational activity relating to the sportsbook product
- Be the main point of contact and ‘expert’ on all sportsbook related operational matters
- Lead key sportsbook projects and initiatives as a main stakeholder to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget, whilst delivering strong ROI
- Proactively identify weak spots of existing sportsbook operations and reduce delays/errors by creating monitoring reports
- Work closely with the executive level leadership team to expand the companies growing B2B sports betting division
- Train, support and grow the existing operations & BI team, whilst looking for fresh talent to bring into the team in areas that require growth
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to plan, organise and manage multiple projects and prioritise own workloads with limited supervision
- Ability to drive through ambiguous and complex situations
- Collaborative, yet assertive style with demonstrable delivery focus and gravitas with stakeholders across all levels
- Analytical person who is numbers driven and can present strong solutions to complex problems
- Ability to understand data related issues by reviewing data
- Ability to lead a 24-7 team of operational employees across all time zones
- Strong interpersonal skills are a must
Knowledge & Experience:
- Previous experience within a sportsbook operations senior leadership role is essential
- Extensive experience in change management and process optimization is crucial
- Extensive knowledge of how to improve efficiency within sportsbook departments to improve the commercial performance of sports betting products is essential
- Previous experience in Product Management, Project Management or Business Analysis is also highly desirable
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Clear Edge we are dedicated to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion in all areas of our business.
We understand the importance of creating a workplace where all employees feel valued, respected and supported, regardless of their background, gender, age, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Our approach to DE&I is integrated into all aspects of our service delivery too. Our consultants all complete DE&I training, ensuring an inclusive approach to working with clients and candidates.
- Role: Head of Sportsbook Operations
- Sector: iGaming
- Salary: Competitive Salary
- Job Reference: LI015303CE
- Location: Malta or London