Business Development Manager
A high growth Southeast based SME food business has an opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager to join their company and work in the manufacturing channel, building new business in the poultry category managing existing accounts and identifying and developing new business opportunities with potential new customers.
This business has ambitions to double its revenue in the next 3 years and the manufacturing channel will be core to this growth.
· Focus on developing and managing new business across the manufacturing accounts in Poultry.
· Proactive management of the relationship between procurement, development, technical, operations, and supply chain
· Set, monitor, and evaluate sales and profitability for selected business accounts to ensure targets are maintained against the forecast
· Negotiate the specification, price, distribution, and volume parameters with the agreed customer to achieve the specific budgets and business plans
· Prepare product costings & quotations to send to customers to lead commercial decisions
· Manage product commercially through its lifecycle (impact of cost increases/tariffs/change of specifications/sales order volume change and contracts)
· Use analytics to create action plans for business growth
· Communicate customer requirements to relevant departments
This role requires someone who has experience selling in the manufacturing channel for a food business, ideally having managed accounts such as Bakkavor, Greencore and Hain Daniels with added value poultry. With the role being mainly focussed in new business and existing account management, this person will need to be well networked, driven and hungry to create new business opportunities, as well as relationship-focused to manage these accounts.
As a high-growth and fast-paced business, it would be ideal if the successful candidate has experience working within a similar environment. The team is super collaborative and very high energy so this type of personality fit would work best within the role.
The role is hybrid with 3 days per week in the office.
If you feel you have the required experience and would like to apply, then please submit your CV, or for further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Role: Business Development Manager
- Sector: Food
- Salary: Competitive Salary & Package
- Job Reference: HG15041CE
- Location: Hertfordshire / Hybrid