General Manager / Head Grower
General Manager / Head Grower – Greenhouse Operations – Tomato / Peppers / Cucumbers
Competitive salary & full executive package
Maine, United States (Relocation package and expenses included)
As one of the largest fresh produce organisations in the world, our client has grown from strength to strength to a current turnover in excess of $6.6bn. This allows for a forward thinking and entrepreneurial culture within their US offices and a portfolio of instantly recognisable brands to work with. Their impressive growth has been reached through creating high quality products, constant innovation, strong brands and expanding through well founded merges and acquisitions. As a business they boast an incredibly high staff retention rate, with a team of likeminded individuals who are recognised and rewarded for their contribution. Our client has ambitious plans over the next few years, boasting a robust investment plan. As part of these plans our client are looking to add into their already high performing strategic commercial growing team.
As a General Manager of Greenhouse Operations, you will take strategic responsibility for all greenhouse operations including crop, IPM, climate, labor and operating expenses. Reporting into the VP of Growing, you will not only define what our client long term site strategic vision, but also be responsible for the tactical delivery of the defined objectives and outcomes.
Other headline accountabilities will include:
- Taking full accountability for revenue, operating expenses, quality control and daily operation of the facility. This includes production, planning and reporting, greenhouse performance, labor management, balancing inputs, throughput & demand and facilities maintenance.
- Ensuring operations are compliant with all food safety requirements, successfully protecting both customers and consumers.
- Developing and implementing new business strategies for creating or improving processes and procedures to improve operational performance.
- Working closely with the agriculture team and other members of the management team to (a) develop and execute the strategies to achieve the mission and (b) lead farmers to enable them to execute the strategies to achieve the company’s mission.
To be considered for this excellent opportunity, you must have a proven track record of successfully managing and improving output within a commercial greenhouse operation at a senior / strategic level. You must also have experience of growing tomatoes, peppers and or cucumbers. Please do not hesitate to apply if you feel you have the skills and experience required to support our client during their exciting development plans or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Role: General Manager / Head Grower
- Sector: Fresh Produce & Agriculture
- Salary: Competitive salary & full executive package
- Job Reference: MM14920CE
- Location: Maine, United States (Relocation package and expenses included)