The ethos behind Identity Drinks Brands is simple. They strive to be the best and work with the best, enjoying themselves in the process and partnering with brands that follow the same mantra. They boast the most exciting portfolio in the UK and believe that less is more. This means that only a handful of the highest quality producers are showcased within their portfolio, giving each and every product the true attention that it deserves.
Started in 2016 by Nick Rodgers and Jaye Iwanowski, and partnering with Maison Ferrand in 2019, the business has sought to bring brands with true tradition and heritage to the UK market. The portfolio includes prestigious, internationally recognised brands such as Plantation Rum, Citadelle Gin and Pierre Ferrand Cognac & Curacao alongside true speciality products such as Bruxo and Dos Hombres Mezcal and WAQAR Pisco. The business also does everything it can to minimise its impact on the environment and is also proud to represent the Sustainable Spirits Co. range, which includes Element 29 Vodka, Boxer Gin & Negroni and Toti Rum.
With a fantastic core portfolio, and an ambition to deliver these products into the hands of British consumers across the country, Identity Drinks Brands are now seeking to recruit an ambitious, high performing Sales Director to help drive this agenda.
As Sales Director, you will be a crucial member of the senior leadership team and be involved with key strategic decision making. Your focus will be to drive new retail listings across important channels including Grocery, Convenience and Travel Retail, whilst developing and mentoring a team of Territory Sales Ambassadors.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing territory sales teams to set weekly sales activity and support successful new business conversion. Identifying and nurturing personal development in the team
- Owning and exceeding annual sales targets for new retail business including the account management of a small number of retail customers. Managing administrative processes and stock planning with the rest of the Identity Drinks team
- Supporting the strategy of all key retail and ecommerce activity to ensure consistent brand activation and effectiveness
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Partnering with customers to implement growth strategies and investment. Where suitable, clearly communicating opportunities with our producers to support NPD and promotional opportunities
- Understanding drinks industry trends
- Reacting to changing buying patterns as a result of the pandemic
The perfect candidate will be a high-performing and tenacious individual with a passion for the highest quality products. You will be a natural leader, with the ambition to match that of the team at Identity Drinks Brands.
Key criteria will include:
- Previous off-trade sales experience in the drinks trade, preferably at least at SNAM level, with existing relationships with national retail buyers and a good understanding of customer requirements and ways of working
- Proven success managing teams and improving productivity
- An understanding of the sales opportunities for the Identity Drinks portfolio
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Proven ability to position products against competitors
- Demonstrable ability to develop client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent people skills
- Good knowledge of spirits, ideally at least to WSET level 2
This really is an incredibly rare and exciting opportunity for the right person. If you feel you have what it takes to drive the team at Identity Drinks Brands to the next level, then please send a copy of your CV to our retained search partner Wesley Ferguson at Clear Edge Search & Selection.
- Role: Sales Director
- Sector: Spirits
- Salary: Salary DOE + Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
- Company: Identity Drinks
- Job Reference: WF006462CE
- Location: Home Based