What is a counter offer?
Posted on 21-06-23 by Jack Woolsey
Amy Conboy is a consultant in our Fresh Produce & Agriculture team, here she looks at the things to think about when considering a counter offer…
A counter offer from an employer is a new offer presented to a candidate in response to another job offer. It proposes revised terms with the aim of persuading the candidate to stay or accept the offer.
It is important you start to think about this situation BEFORE you hand in your notice. This way you are prepared for it and can make the right decision for yourself both personally and professionally. Think about the following…
– Reflect on your motivations and priorities.
– Remain professional and express gratitude.
– Evaluate the counteroffer objectively.
– Consider the underlying reasons behind the counteroffer.
– Look beyond financial incentives and consider broader aspects of job satisfaction.
– Weigh the long-term consequences of accepting or rejecting the counteroffer.
– Trust your instincts and make a decision that aligns with your values and goals.
– Maintain open and transparent communication throughout the process.
Accepting a counteroffer is a decision that should be carefully considered, as it can have implications for one’s professional relationships and future opportunities.
For more advice and tips take a look at our Candidate Toolkit
Search our Updates:
Keep up to date with the news you need. Please send me: